2017 Charlie Suffridge Scholarship Contest
For High School Juniors & Seniors
Sign Up Now!
Deadline for registration is Friday, February 17, 2017
|1st Place – $5,000||2nd Place – $2,500||3rd Place – $1,500||4th Place – $1,000|
- Be a junior or senior in high school during the 2016 – 2017 school year.
- Be planning to attend a college, university or trade school the following school year after graduation.
- Be a dependent of a member in good standing of Local Union 249.
- NOT be a winner of last year’s contest.
- Contestant must turn in essay no later than 5:00 p.m., Thursday, April 13, 2017.
- Essay Topics – (in depth description available at the hall)
A code number will be assigned and a copy of registration sheet will be returned to you.
Registration forms, detailed scholarship topics, rules, regulations will be available at the Union Hall Monday through Friday 7:30 am until 5:00 pm.
|Bryan Jones, Chairperson
UAW-Ford Community Engagement Scholarship-Extension:
Re: UAW-Ford Community Engagement Scholarship – Extension of Community Service Deadline
The deadline for the 8 hours of volunteer community service that a dependent child must complete at a 501(c)3 for the UAW-Ford Community Engagement Scholarship has been extended to the scholarship application deadline of June 1 of each year. For example, applications and community service for the 2016 scholarship must be completed and submitted by June 1, 2017.
The UAW and Ford Motor Company believes this will avoid deadline confusion and contractual language interpretation.
Please note: Volunteer community service hours completed in 2017 for the 2016 scholarship may not be resubmitted for the 2017 scholarship. Each year the scholarship is applied for must have 8 separate hours of community service performed.
Complete information about the scholarship and the Verification of Volunteer Service Form that the dependent and 501(c)3 organization must complete prior to applying for the scholarship may be found at www.uawford.org/scholarships